Live Updates: Missouri Is Too Close To Call For Democrats And Republicans
BuzzFeed News reporters are with the candidates — McKay Coppins is in Florida with Rubio; Tarini Parti is in Ohio with Kasich; Ruby Cramer is in in Florida with Clinton; Adrian Carrasquillo is in Florida; and Rosie Gray is in Texas with Cruz.
Catch up quickly here:
- Donald Trump and Hillary Clinton dominated Tuesday’s huge primaries, each racking up a wins along the Atlantic Coast and the Midwest.
- Both frontrunners crushed the polls in Florida — the elections there were called minutes after polls officially closed.
- Trump’s convincing win there vanquished his main antagonist, Marco Rubio. Once considered a big contender for the nominee, the senator dropped out of the race after losing in his own backyard.
- In all, five big states — Florida, Ohio, Illinois, North Carolina, and Missouri — voted. Missouri is the only one remaining, with the results too close to call.
- For the Republicans: Donald Trump declared winner in Florida, North Carolina and Illinois. An elated John Kasich took his home state of Ohio for his first primary win, denying Trump a major win that would have cleared him out of the race.
- For the Democrats: Hillary Clinton took Florida, North Carolina, Ohio and Illinois.
- Trump appeared on stage — and praised — his embattled campaign manager, who is accused of manhandling a Breitbart reporter.
- Sanders’ loss in Illinois comes after perhaps the best week of his campaign — and he still fell flat.
- Here’s BuzzFeed News’s full recap of the evening — it’s what you need to know all in one place.