Barcelona attacks: What we know so far
- Police killed five attackers in Cambrils, a town south of Barcelona, following an operation there against what authorities called a terrorist attack
- Catalan emergency services said six civilians and one police officer were injured in Cambrils, which police said was linked to Thursday’s van attack in downtown
- Catalan police are carried out several controlled explosions in Cambrils after they determined the attackers were carrying explosive belts
- At least 13 people are dead, and at least 80 people have been hospitalized after a van plowed into pedestrians in Barcelona on Thursday a Catalan official says
- Police are treating the van incident as a terrorist attack and have arrested two people
- Islamic State claimed responsibility for the deadly rampage along the city’s most famous avenue
- Barcelona’s mayor has said the city will hold a minute of silence on Friday at midday.