Live Updates: Houston Braces For Another Night Of Heavy Rains And Flooding
Here’s What We Know:
- At least two people died Saturday after Hurricane Harvey slammed into and drenched the Texas coast — one death was in Rockport and the other in Houston.
- Houston is now facing major, catastrophic flooding that the National Weather Service said would be historic.
- President Trump is expected to travel to Houston on Tuesday to survey the damage.
- The FEMA chief on Sunday said the relief operations will be going on for years.
- Residents were warned to get on their roofs if they were threatened by rising flood waters. More than 1,000 high-water rescues were conducted in the area.
- Harvey began a powerful Category 4 in the Gulf of Mexico on Friday. It was later downgraded to Category 2 and Category 1 as it slowed overland.
- President Trump on Friday approved Texas Gov. Greg Abbott’s request to declare a federal disaster as Harvey approached the state.
- 911 services are inundated with calls and residents are tweeting pleas for help.