9 Health benefits of drinking aloe vera juice
(Natural News) Aloe vera juice comes from the aloe vera plant, a succulent from the genus Aloe. The leaves of this plant contain a gooey, thick gel that is made into aloe vera juice, which can offer a bevvy of health benefits.
- Provides various nutrients – Aloe vera juice contains essential nutrients, such as vitamins B, C, E, and folic acid. It also has small amounts of calcium, chromium, copper, magnesium, manganese, potassium, selenium, sodium, and zinc.
- Alkalizes your body – When the body has an acidic pH, it creates a suitable environment for bacteria to thrive. Drinking aloe vera juice will alkalize the body, which helps prevent the development of diseases.
- Keeps you hydrated – The aloe vera plant is rich in water, so drinking its juice is a great way to prevent or treat dehydration. Staying hydrated is important for your body to flush out impurities. It is also good for your kidneys and liver, as these organs are mainly responsible for detoxifying your blood and producing urine.
- Enhances liver function – As mentioned above, the liver is responsible for detoxifying. Drinking aloe vera juice can support liver function.
- Relieves constipation – Aloe vera juice is a great remedy for constipation. Drinking aloe vera juice helps increase water in your intestines, which according to studies, stimulates peristalsis to help you pass stool normally. If you often have constipation, try adding aloe vera juice to your diet. In addition, aloe helps normalize beneficial bacteria in your gut, which keeps your intestinal flora healthy and balanced.
- Improves digestion – Drinking aloe vera juice also has digestive benefits. Aloe vera contains enzymes that help break down sugars and fats and keep your digestion running smoothly. Aloe vera may also reduce inflammation in the stomach and intestines, and may also be beneficial for people with irritable bowel syndrome (IBS) and other inflammatory disorders of the intestines.
- Eases heartburn – When heartburn attacks, drinking aloe vera juice may provide relief. The compounds in aloe vera help regulate the secretion of stomach acid. This can be beneficial for treating gastric ulcers and preventing them from getting larger.
- Supports skin health – The hydrating effect of aloe vera juice also support skin health. Drinking aloe vera juice may help reduce the frequency and appearance of acne, as well as skin conditions like dermatitis and psoriasis. The antioxidants and vitamins in aloe vera also protect the skin. The plant neutralizes the effects of UV radiation, repairs your skin from existing UV damage, and helps prevent fine lines and wrinkles.
- Beauty hacks – Aloe vera juice can also be used in other ways aside from drinking it. You can use it as a makeup primer, makeup remover, sunburn soother, lightweight moisturizer, and treatment for irritated scalp.